Benefits of turmeric tea:
- Detoxifies body and liver
- Boosts immunity by improving liver function
- protects liver tissue
- Cleanses and purifies the blood
- Eases symptoms of coughs and colds
- Improves circulation in the body
- Improves skin complexion
- Prevents internal blood clotting
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation – all types of arthritis and other inflammation
- Stimulates secretion of bile which helps break down fat
- 2 teaspoons fresh turmeric, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure raw honey or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- boiling water
- Fill mug halfway full with boiling water.
- Add in turmeric and ginger.
- Cover and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, black pepper, vanilla and honey.
- Fill the rest of the mug with coconut milk and stir.